Newsletter July 2012
Hi and welcome to Vocalize Choir’s second newsletter! It’s been great to get to know each of you over the past three months, as we start to find our own sound and blend together!
There are a few things that I would like to update you on:
- The $750 of grant money has been spent (already!) on 14 exciting new pieces. These are due to arrive in the post in the next few weeks.
- Vocalize currently has two bookings, the first being on Sat 1st September (evening). This is for a fundraising event for The Operating Theatre Project (community theatre company). The event will take place on Valmai Street Kings Park, starting at 7pm. The choir will gather at the venue at 6pm to warm up, sort out costume pieces, and rehearse. We need a minimum of 12 singers for this performance – please add your name to the list at rehearsal if you are able to attend.
- There continues to be ongoing interest for the choir, with new people attending every week!
And a few more important notices..
- I am excited to announce that my husband Joel and I are expecting our first baby! The due date is 4th January, the timing of which couldn’t be more perfect, as it will enable the choir to perform at Christmas (well, early Christmas!), and then enjoy a break over the holiday period. It is very much my intention that Vocalize continues to go from strength to strength in the future, so don’t fret – I’m not going anywhere!
- Please let me know if you hear of any performance opportunities that the choir could sing at. I would like to have at least 2 more Christmas bookings and possibly one more booking in October/November. If you hear of anything please let me know.
A reminder that you are welcome to attend two rehearsals free of charge, after which, if you would like to join us, we ask that you become a financial member. Please see choir treasurer Christine Solomon who can issue you a receipt.
That’s all from me for now – see you at the next rehearsal! – Until then, SING ON!