Newsletter June 2012
Hi and welcome to Vocalize Choir’s first newsletter! It’s been two months since the choir sang its first note, and from then on we’ve been gathering momentum (and members!) toward being an established group.
While it’s only been a short time, there are a few exciting things that have happened over the past two months that are worth mentioning:
- Piano player Heidi Schutz came on board in the 2nd week. Great to have you with us, Heidi!
- The Guardian Messenger’s feature story about Vocalize went to press about a month ago – no less than 20 members of the public have expressed interest since, and new members are continuing to join us each week!
- Vocalize successfully won a grant from the Marion Council of $750, to go toward supplying the choir with some excellent repertoire.
- Ongoing advertising via the radio and local Messenger, as well as local community venues.
- A record attendance of 25 people 3 weeks ago, followed by 22 the week after! Keep it up, folks!
And to come…
- Vocalize currently has two bookings, for the 1st September and 6th December. More details to follow.
- Vocalize will soon have its own website, www.vocalize.com.au. This will soon serve as the central place for enquiries, forms, mp3 music files, bookings and performance details. Stay tuned!
- Snazzy performance accessories are on their way! Orange ties, scarves and beads, ready for when we perform.
A reminder that you are welcome to attend two rehearsals free of charge, after which, if you would like to join us, we ask that you become a paying member. Please see choir treasurer Christine Solomon who can issue you a receipt.
Please let me know if you hear of any performance opportunities that the choir could sing at. I would like to have at least 2 more Christmas bookings and 1 more booking in October/November. If you hear of anything please let me know.
Phew.. that’s about it for now – and it’s only been 2 months! Looking forward to many more!
See you at the next rehearsal – until then, SING ON!